Free to copy print & distribute. Not for commercial use. Changes prohibited. ©2007 Friends Along the Road Inc.
FOR THOSE IN GRIEF NETWORK
* A FAR sanctuary is a place of refuge and caring.
* Offering sanctuary is an act of compassion, not an obligation.
* Sanctuary may benefit those providing it as well as those receiving it. We grow through love.
* Sanctuary can last for a minute, or it can last forever. It’s the quality of sanctuary, not its duration or place, that defines it.
* Caring emotional support includes trying not to judge what another person should be feeling, or for how long.
* Giving food, extending shelter, or other resources in a sanctuary is neither required nor discouraged.
* By creating any sanctuary, no matter how modest, we help to create a society having the qualities we demonstrate.
* By making connections and referrals to other sanctuaries, we are able to extend refuge and caring farther on down the road.